There are more racehorses in Woodford County than residents, and more barrels of bourbon in the entire state of Kentucky than people. Deep below our soil, Kentucky’s water filters through limestone. The same water that makes our bourbon fills the troughs and buckets of some of the finest thoroughbred farms in the world.
Call it serendipity if you want, but Kentucky owes its legacy to the bourbon in its barrels and the thoroughbreds in its stalls. As the proud maker of Kentucky’s finest straight bourbon whiskey, we take it on ourselves to extend this unique heritage beyond our borders. We are proud to be The Official Bourbon of the Kentucky Derby®, but the way we see it, all of horse racing needs an Official Bourbon. And in the Commonwealth, there’s no better way to honor a horse than by raising a glass of Woodford Reserve.
- GRAIN RECIPE – High rye recipe yielding a fuller flavor bourbon
- WATER SUPPLY – Only bourbon that utilizes limestone-filtered water from an underground aquifer.
- FERMENTATION – Woodford Reserve produces its own proprietary yeast and ferments longest in industry.
- DISTILLATION – Woodford Reserve is the only bourbon that incorporates triple distilled, copper pot distilled bourbon into its product.
- MATURATION – Woodford Reserve is the only bourbon that makes its own barrels at our own Brown-Forman cooperage and uses a unique barrel warehouse cycling process.
- AROMA:Heavy with rich dried fruit, hints of nuts and oranges covered with a dusting of cocoa. Faint vanilla and tobacco spice
- TASTE: Rich, chewy, rounded and smooth, with complex citrus, apple, cinnamon and cocoa. Toffee, caramel, chocolate and spice notes abound
- FINISH: Silky smooth, almost creamy at first with a long, warm satisfying tail
- PROOF: 43.2%