The Loop Duty Free is the brand name for travel retail stores provided by ARI Auckland Ltd (ARIA) at Auckland International Airport. At ARIA we are committed to complying with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 when dealing with personal information. Any personal information you provide to us will be stored, used and disclosed by us in accordance with this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
You acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy & Cookies Policy and consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy & Cookies Policy when you use our services, or otherwise provide us with any personal information.
We may amend and update this Privacy & Cookies Policy from time to time by posting a revised version on our website. Any changes will apply from the date we post the updated Privacy & Cookies Policy on our website. If we make significant changes, we will provide you with reasonable notice of such changes through our website, or via other means such as email. By using our services after such notice period, you will be deemed to have accepted the updates to this Privacy & Cookies Policy. If you do not agree to any change, you must immediately notify us and stop using and/or accessing our services.
This policy is provided for your information and doesn’t limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act 1993.
The Loop Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement applies to all personal information collected by ARIA for the purposes specified below. The purpose of this statement is to let you know what to expect when ARIA collects personal information about you via our websites, telephone, email, mobile devices, manual forms, or in person.
The Information We Collect About You and The Purpose for Collecting Information
We may collect information about you via this website, telephone, email, mobile devices, forms, or in person. The personal information that we collect may include:
- your name;
- you date of birth;
- your contact details (including your email address, phone number and postal address);
- details on your flight (including flight number, destination and airline details);
- your credit/debit card billing address;
- your passport information;
- in relation to ARIA (or its affiliates) staff members, your Airport ID Number;
We may collect personal information from you in order to enable you to use the services which include:
- Purchasing goods at one of The Loop Duty Free stores or online through The Loop Duty Free website (and to making an account on our website);
- Signing up to receive information such as newsletters and offers;
- Entering any competition or participate in any promotion which we may offer from time to time;
- Participating in any events at The Loop Duty Free stores;
- Submitting a query via email, phone, online form or postal correspondence; and
- Visiting our website, domains or use one of our apps.
We may also collect personal information from you where you apply for employment or a volunteer position with us; or where we are required to do so by law.
When you use our website we may collect information that is sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other access device. The information that is sent to us may include your computer IP address, referral URL, geo-location and data about the webpages that you access. Generally this information is not personally identifiable data, but to the extent that it is considered personal information for the purposes of any applicable law or regulation, we will comply with our obligations under any such law or regulation when processing that information.
If you choose not to provide personal information to us on request we may be unable to provide our services to you, or, it may affect the quality of our services.
We will only use and disclose your personal information in accordance with your authorisation and/or for the purposes set out in this Privacy & Cookies Policy, which shall include:
- to provide you with access to and use of our services;
- to bill you and collect any debt owed to us by you;
- to communicate with you (for example to provide customer support or to ask feedback about our services)
- to facilitate your use of our services and help provide a more personalised experience;
- to research and help improve and enhance our services;
- to undertake administrative functions associated with our business;
- to comply with any legal obligations or as otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act 1993; and
- subject to you providing your consent (in accordance with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007), sending you electronic messages to promote and market our services (which we may send by email or text).
Where you consent to us using your personal information for marketing and promotional communications, you can opt out at any time by notifying us at CustomerService@theloopdutyfree.co.nz. or by clicking the unsubscribe function included in our marketing communications.
Information you provide may also be used to conduct statistical analysis of our products or services, analyse future trends and build customer profiles. This processing is carried out in ARIA’s legitimate interests and allows us to ensure customers continue to find our products valuable and so that we can continue to invest in the infrastructure to meet customers’ future needs in our stores at Auckland International Airport.
Who We May Share This Information With
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our group companies who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us;
- Those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our IT service, marketing or customer support providers or our suppliers;
- debt collection agencies or companies
- anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer;
- anyone who assists us in protecting the operation of the ARI Auckland and systems, including the use of monitoring and detection in order to identify potential threats, such as hacking and virus dissemination and other security vulnerabilities;
- anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us and our group companies, where your information is processed;
- persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority including law enforcement agencies;
- third parties (e.g. business partners) to whom we may have a legal or contractual obligation to share your information with for business purposes
Security of information
Although we take reasonable steps to ensure personal information in our possession is protected and held securely, we do not make any warranties in relation to the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information where our security measures have been breached. Any transmission of personal information is conducted at your own risk.
Our websites and systems and those of our group companies may also be based on servers located outside of New Zealand and therefore, your information may be transferred outside New Zealand to that country. Where personal information is transferred outside of New Zealand, we will ensure that the third party to whom it is transferred is subject to comparable privacy laws to New Zealand or is required to protect the personal information in a way that is comparable to New Zealand’s privacy laws.
Access, correction and retention of your personal information
You agree that any information you give to us will be accurate, correct and up to date. You can update your personal details at any time through our website. Alternatively, you must inform us if any of your personal information changes, to ensure that the details we hold about you are up to date and correct.
You are entitled to access the personal information we hold about you, and to request that we amend it if it is incorrect. If we are not willing to correct errors that you have identified in your personal information, you may request that we take reasonable steps to attach a statement to the personal information noting the correction sought.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is required to achieve the purposes set out in this Privacy & Cookies Policy or as otherwise required by law.
For further information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, see www.privacy.org.nz.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. You should not reveal your password to other people and you should change it regularly. ARI Auckland Limited will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited e-mail.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or wish to correct the personal information that we hold about you, please contact CustomerService@theloopdutyfree.co.nz.